Safeguarding Administrator & Project Officer (2 year FTC) Ref: SAPO19
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: 28th July 2019
2 Year Fixed Term Contract, to start ASAP
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
The Safeguarding Administrator & Project Officer will be an integral part of the Safeguarding team, utilising their passion for Safeguarding to work on clearly defined projects and provide dedicated, confidential and efficient administrative support. They will also act as the team’s first point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work on clearly defined projects, ensuring time lines are met and regular updates are given to the project leader.
- Manage all administration of The FA’s Survivor Support and Safeguarding Advisory Group, producing meeting packs, travel, invoicing/POs, managing communications, booking meeting rooms and catering. This will also include liaising with survivors as needed, setting up their travel for meetings with the FA Chairman and Head of Safeguarding and manage any related administration.
- Coordinate the face to face safeguarding training delivered by or on behalf of the team internally and with CFAs, liaising with HR where relevant to update the learning management records for attendees.
- Assisting the Safeguarding team with a diverse range of administrative tasks such as designing flowcharts, scanning, booking meeting rooms, invoicing/POs, catering, collecting guests, video conference/conference call, booking parking and communications with contractors.
- Complete the monthly expenses sheet with finance, add new claimants and ensure communications with claimants and finance as required.
- Work with HR and Finance where necessary to assist with resolving contract, budget or invoicing queries.
- Assist individuals who need help to access the Wembley event staff online safeguarding module.
- Manage the logistics of a national safeguarding conference for football.
- Reviewing Operation Hydrant weekly reports, extracting and recording the relevant data.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Enthusiasm and passion for safeguarding children and adults.
- Self-directed and self-motivated, with the ability to work systematically both unsupervised and within the team environment.
- Significant experience in an administration role
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (accuracy takes precedent over speed).
- Good time management, able to prioritise, work to deadlines and contribute positively to the timely delivery of projects.
- An organised approach to own work and that of others.
- Relationship builder – both internal and with outside agencies.
- Experience of supporting a group of managers with varying priorities.
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive information discreetly and confidentially.
- Ability to multi-task and stay calm under pressure.
- Experience of working with government and other outside agencies.
- Experience of working in or with a national governing body of sport.
- Knowledge of safeguarding children and adults policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the football’s infrastructure.
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy