Men's Physical Performance Coach Ref: MPPC19
- Role location
- St. George's Park
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
Closing date: 24th July 2019
Interview date: w/c 29th July 2019
Please be aware that this is a consultant vacancy with an estimated commitment of 50 - 80 days per year dependent on tournament qualification.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Win the World Cup’s in 2022 & 2023 and sustain success thereafter.
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
Overview of the role:
- To support the delivery of a world leading physical performance service to England development teams which supports the coaching process, talent identification & provides performance advantages through optimal physical preparation of players and teams.
- Delivery of world class physical performance coaching to identified England teams
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of an excellent physical performance service to England development teams which encompasses all aspects of preparation, recovery, travel and load management for international football
- Delivery of physical performance coaching and planning within the FA framework to teams as required
- Close working relationships with national coaches and support staff to ensure a cohesive multi-disciplinary approach at all times
- Close working relationships with peers in professional clubs to enable knowledge of and management of international players
- Being part of a Physical Performance and Nutrition team which delivers to all 16 national teams
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
What we are looking for:
- A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in sports science or a related discipline
- Extensive experience in delivering physical performance coaching in elite sport
- Excellent academic and applied knowledge of contemporary practice in physical performance development
- Track record of successfully integrating into established and developing coaching teams
- Proven delivery of operational planning
- Flexibility in working practices to accommodate fixture scheduling
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Opportunity to be part of a diverse and developing physical preparation and nutrition team
- Appropriate remuneration
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please get in touch and apply via the below link.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy