Senior Campaigns Officer Ref: SCO19
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
Fixed Term Contract - September 2021
Closing Date: 22 July 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
As a key member of The Football Association Communications Team you will assist and report directly to the Campaigns Team Lead. The Senior Campaigns Officer will work within a tightknit internal team using Comms agencies to support to deliver The FA’s key messages and developing the reputation of The FA as a world-class organisation.
Essentially a PR role, it will include responsibility for: promoting The FA’s successes and priorities within the women’s game, diversity and inclusion, CSR campaigns [including Heads Up and collaboration with Football Foundation], participation initiatives across all formats and age groups and using FA competitions and our 28 England teams as a platform to deliver key FA messages. The role requires high levels of engagement with national and regional media and the ability to work alongside and manage agencies. Additionally, strong stakeholder management skills are required, including agencies, clubs, and charity and commercial partner relationships.
You will also be requested to provide broader support to the Communications Team as and when required. The role requires some out-of-hours working and may require some travel. Based at Wembley Stadium, the role also carries the media management of FA spokesperson as appropriate.
- Proactively promote The FA’s key messages within the media and wider stakeholders
- Plan, co-ordinate and deliver integrated key PR campaigns and communications plans
- Play a key role in the communication of The FA’s key priorities, including:
- The FA’s support of the women’s game and delivery of ‘The Gameplan for Growth’ strategy
- The FA’s & Heads Up mental health campaign
- The FA’s relationship with the Football Foundation
- The FA’s inclusion & diversity work including the delivery of the ‘In Pursuit of Progress’ strategy
- Participation priorities across all forms of the game – from small sided junior football to walking football
- Efficiently and effectively assist in managing competition press offices [i.e. The Emirates FA Cup, Buildbase FA Trophy and Buildbase FA Vase] where required
- Develop and maintain trusted working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with FA Marketing and Commercial team to achieve joint organisational goals
- Produce media materials including press releases, briefing documents and media guides
- Write and manage reports and documents for Chairman, CEO and the Senior Management Team
- Provide regular out-of-hours media support to ensure FA is available and accountable at all times
What we are looking for:
- Strong media contacts book
- Good experience of dealing with national and regional media
- Good experience of formulating short, medium and long-term PR plans
- Good understanding of marketing and commercial needs from a PR perspective
- Good experience of working with senior executives
- Good experience of managing and operating within a multiple stakeholder environment
- Experience of working with multiple agencies
- Strong creativity skills and an enjoyment of coming up with creative solutions and ideas
- Understanding of social networking and other promotional new media platforms
- Experience of facilitating activations for large commercial partners
- Flexible approach to working hours and working on weekends when required
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communications skills
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to write to deadline
- Able to travel if required (UK/Overseas)
- Relevant (specialism e.g. Communications) experience or PR/Media qualification/degree
- CIPR Membership (or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of football and its structures at all levels
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy