Referee Co-ordinator Ref: RC19
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: 23rd June 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Providing administrative support for departmental systems and processes for match officials operating in FA Competitions, internationals, and semi-professional football
- Appoint & Administer the Match Official appointments to FA Competitions and Women’s football.
- Provide administrative support for the Women’s Super League and Women’s Premier League appointment officer(s), match officials and clubs including arrangements for development days and day to day enquiries.
- Provide administrative support for all FA Competition appointments.
- Provide administrative support to the appointment of English match officials to international fixtures and for referees and associated refereeing staff for international matches staged in England.
- Support the implementation of the refereeing department Communications and Public Relations strategy.
- Source, create, and distribute communication highlighting positive refereeing initiatives to refereeing key stakeholders and the wider footballing fraternity
- Provide helpdesk support for the Match Official Administration System (MOAS)
- Act as Referee Liaison Officer for selected FA Finals and international matches played in England.
- Manage the co-ordination of match official kit, gifts and equipment for our referee workforce
- To provide effective support for Referee Appointment Officers, Observer Co-ordinators & Referee Coaches – shows initiative in pressurised situations
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
- Demonstrated administrative experience
- Good understanding of football
- Experience providing excellent customer service
- High attention to detail
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to remain organised in a fast-paced environment, whilst managing a large workload with multiple priorities
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Strong coordination skills with high attention for detail.
- Knowledge and interest in English Football across all levels of the game
- Good knowledge and experience of English refereeing structures and processes
- Good knowledge of English geography
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy