FA Girls Talent Pathway Physical Performance Coach (Consultants) Ref: FAGTPPPC19
- Role location
- Regionally Based
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
FA Girls Talent Pathway Physical Performance Coach
Closing Date: Friday 21st June 2019
Roles are Regionally Based and are on a casual/consultancy basis.
To lead the physical preparation of players during National Development Programme events. Duties will include the delivery and education on aspects of (not extensive or exhaustive) physical preparation, development and recovery (through delivering appropriate activities), player monitoring (exposure and response to load) and adolescent specific considerations with regards to long-term development. Please note this role may also involve providing one-to-one support to players (on all aspects of physical performance and preparation) on regional Hub days.
To enhance and influence the development of young English female elite footballers contributing to the overall strategy to build winning teams. To deliver the Blueprint for Success for the women’s talent development pathway including National Development Programme and National Talent Camp.
- Pre event communication with lead technical coach and lead physical performance coach to ensure the appropriate planning of sessions from a physical preparation and a Talent Team development perspective.
- Working towards the Talent Pathway Physical Performance Curriculum, deliver excellent physical development sessions, training and match preparation and recovery sessions on events.
- Following the LTPD strategy, improve the physical development of players attending the National Development Programme and National Talent Camp.
- Develop strong working relationships with all members of the MDT, especially the lead coach and physiotherapist (with whom you should always work in collaboration).
- In collaboration with the physiotherapist complete appropriate screening and profiling, complete relevant templates and feedback to players and key staff.
- In collaboration with the physiotherapist complete daily monitoring procedures on events and feedback to the technical staff accordingly.
- Ensure all nutritional and hydration requirements are met on events
- When required deliver player/parent/coach education workshops in line with the Talent Pathway Physical Performance Curriculum
- Follow all SOP’s.
- Complete accurate and timely (within 24 hours) post-event feedback (where appropriate).
- Attend CPD and staff training events (where appropriate).
- Be involved in the review, development and co-ordination of the events to ensure the continued success and sustainability.
- Provide support to National Talent Lead Physical Performance Coach on scoping for future vision and planning.
- Post-event communication with the National Talent Lead Physical Performance Coach to appropriately review the event and feedback information
- BSc in related field (i.e. Strength and Conditioning or Sports Science)
- UKSCA accreditation or working towards achievement within 6 months
- FA approved Emergency First Aid
- UK Anti Doping Advisor
- Excellent delivery skills
- Excellent academic and applied knowledge across the physical performance spectrum
- Knowledge of current issues that impact upon the development of elite young athletes/players, in all 4 corners
- Excellent communication, presentation and IT skills
- A clear understanding of child safeguarding and practical experience & application in an education/football or residential environment
- Very good written and oral communication
- Very good relationship builder
- MSc in related field (i.e. Sports Science or Strength and Conditioning)
- Other appropriate professional qualification or working towards (NSCA or BWL Level 1-3 etc.)
- Experience as a Physical Performance Coach within the FA’s Talent Pathway
- Proven ability or experience working with younger athletes
- Evidence of CPD in Physical Performance / Sports Science / Strength and Conditioning
You will also be required to hold a full clean driving licence.
Please email GirlsTalent@thefa.com with any queries about the above roles.
To apply please send your CV with two references and a covering letter to GirlsTalent@thefa.com.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Friday 21st June 2019.
In your covering letter please confirm which region you would like to be considered for based on geography, and if you also want to be considered for additional North / South / National events. National Development Programme events are run in the North East, North West, Midlands, East, South West, South East and London/West regions of the country. Dates can be shared with you at the interview stage but would take place on Sundays through the year for a total of 4 events.
Details of induction events will be provided if successful at interview.
Interviews will be held between the 24th June and the 5th July 2019.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy