FA Girls Talent Pathway Physiotherapist (Consultants) Ref: FAGTPP19
- Role location
- Regionally Based
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
FA Girls Talent Pathway Physiotherapist
Closing Date: Friday 21st June 2019
Roles are Regionally Based and are on a casual/consultancy basis
To lead the physiotherapy and medical provision of the National Development Programme and National Talent Camp, delivering a world class service to junior athletes. Supporting long term International playing success by the optimum availability and development of players.
To enhance and influence the development of young English female elite footballers contributing to the overall strategy to build winning teams. To deliver the Blueprint for Success for the women’s talent development pathway including National Development Programme and National Talent Camp.
- Excellent physiotherapy delivery on National Development Programme and National Talent Camp.
- To assess, treat and manage all injuries to players sustained on National Development Programme or National Talent Camp.
- To determine players’ fitness to train and play, in conjunction with the MDT, and inform coaching staff of modifications.
- In line with the LTPD strategy, assist the MDT in improving the physical and physiological development of players attending the National Development Programme and National Talent Camps.
- Work in conjunction with MDT consultants, as required, in implementing policies and procedures and following all relevant SOPs.
- Complete accurate & timely medical records.
- Ensure medical information regarding players is up to date and inform relevant members of the MDT.
- Ensure timely and appropriate communication with the Talent Pathway Lead Physiotherapist regarding players pre and post events.
- Attend CPD and staff training events where appropriate.
- Be involved in the review, development and coordination of the events to ensure the continued success and sustainability of all future events.
- Provide support to Talent Pathway Lead Physiotherapist on scoping for future vision and planning.
- Chartered Physiotherapist with HCPC Registration
- Member of CSP
- FA Level 5 emergency first aid (ATMMiF)
- More than 2 years experience as a physiotherapist
- Excellent physiotherapy and rehabilitation delivery skills
- Excellent academic and applied knowledge of best practice physiotherapy & rehabilitation
- Excellent communication, presentation and IT skills
- A clear understanding of child safeguarding with practical experience. Passed relevant checks related to this
- Willingness to work flexible hours when required
- Very good written and oral communication
- Very good relationship builder
- Postgraduate qualification in sports physiotherapy
- Evidence of CPD in sports physiotherapy
- Knowledge of current issues that impact upon the development of elite young athletes/players
- Proven ability or experience working with younger adolescent age groups
- Experience working within the FA Girls’ England Talent Pathway
You will also be required to hold a full clean driving licence.
Please email GirlsTalent@thefa.com with any queries about the above roles.
To apply please send your CV with two references and a covering letter to GirlsTalent@thefa.com.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Friday 21st June 2019.
In your covering letter please confirm which region you would like to be considered for based on geography, and if you also want to be considered for additional North / South / National events. National Development Programme events are run in the North East, North West, Midlands, East, South West, South East and London/West regions of the country. Dates can be shared with you at the interview stage but would take place on Sundays through the year for a total of 4 events.
Details of induction events will be provided if successful at interview.
Interviews will be held between the 24th June and the 5th July 2019.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy