Finance Business Partner - Club Wembley Ref: FBP192
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: 18th June 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Ensure the business has all the financial information it requires to manage budgets during the year, helping to drive future financial plans, support the business in making financial decisions and produce business cases for projects/initiatives.
Responsible for delivery of accurate and timely monthly reporting and provide support to budget holders on financial/commercial matters for The FA and its subsidiary companies.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Business Partner as part of the Commercial Finance team, the key responsibilities will include:
- To develop and maintain strong working relationship with budget holders and senior management and be seen as the first line of support to the business on financial matters.
- To interpret and analyse financial and non-financial information, alongside KPIs as part of management reporting
- Continuous improvement of financial controls & reporting
- Produce relevant reports and analysis as directed by the Senior Finance Business Partner for the monthly operational reviews and annual budget reviews with FA management
- To prepare and provide monthly management information to budget holders, senior management and for inclusion in the Group management accounts in accordance with Group timetable and presentation format as required
- To work with the business to produce robust financial forecasts and annual budgets that support the strategic requirements of the Group in line with the Group timetable
- Provide commercially orientated financial support to budget holders, department heads, including support to help them deliver on financial objectives
- To prepare and provide ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis in response to requests from the business including Heads of departments, Senior Management Team, and various Boards as well as contributions to Board papers Supporting the implementation and improvement of financial controls with and by the business including compliance with purchase order process and performance of contract reviews.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Proactive qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- Experience of business partnering, financial forecasting, report writing and commercial support
- Strong Microsoft excel skills
- A collaborative team player, adept in working within a team and building relationships across different teams/divisions
- Proactive in looking for ways of improving/optimising financial processes – in terms of efficiency and quality of output
- Good communication
- Experience in working in a membership or subscription background
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy