Player Education Officer (Women's Professional Development Phase) Ref: PEO19
- Role location
- St. George's Park
- Type of contract
- Full Time
12 month secondment/fixed term contract
Closing Date: 01 May 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
The role will be to facilitate and support all educational needs of the Women's Professional Development Phase (PDP). The role will enable the women's PDP squads to gain the appropriate balance of football and education and therefore assist the need for dual career and future career planning.
The candidate will have expertise in further education and knowledge and understanding of transition into higher education. The candidate will also have a sound knowledge of alternative educational options and will be able to support all players in gaining the bespoke educational pathway that will suit the needs of the individual.
- To lead on the education support for the Women's Professional Development Phase (age 18-21)
- To highlight and support all players wellbeing needs across the Professional Development Phase. (PDP)
- To facilitate education sessions for an additional age group whilst on events across the full 2019-2020 season.
- To build strong relationships with key education staff at clubs and education providers for the PDP phase.
- To produce a database of all PDP Player Education information.
- To attend all Multi Discipline Team (MDT) planning and review meetings across the PDP phase.
- To be able to link national squads educational support to the Women's academy system and talent pathway.
- To provide verbal and written educational feedback to the clubs,colleges/universities, parents and or other relevant FA and club staff when requested.
- To provide regular updates to Player Education Manager.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Extensive experience of working in post 16 education.
- Possesses a progressive approach to teaching and learning with a proven track record of outstanding delivery.
- Knowledge of transition from further education into higher education as well as a knowledge and experience of post 16 alternative educational routes.
- Proven experience of building positive relationships with a range of stakeholders
- To be able to work independently and take ownership of given tasks.
- Committed to own personal development and training
- Excellent written and verbal communication and IT skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours ie, weekends and evenings and on occasions at short notice and overseas as required.
- Be an advocate and ambassador for St George’s Park working with the team ensuring optimum environments for England teams
- A clear understanding of child safeguarding and welfare of young people
- A commitment to equal opportunities.
- Management experience within an educational provider or professional club environment.
- Experience in Player Educational Development in Professional football or Elite Sport
- Some experience of delivering CPD
- Completion of relevant safeguarding qualification.
- Experience of supporting talented young performers.
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy