Senior Front End Developer (SGP) Ref: SFED19
- Role location
- St. George's Park
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: 1st May 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
A key part of the software development team, this role provides for the front end development of our key Elite Football projects. The candidate must use their experience and intelligence to liaise with the Business and where relevant a Design partner and our BA’s, in order to provide a visually pleasing fully functional front end that is cross browser compatible and conforms to acceptable accessibility and The FA’s UI standards. The successful candidate will be part of a core development team based at St. George’s Park setting a strategic vision for football based projects and websites.
The focus will be UI but a full stack developer who can also pick up some back end development will be favoured.
- Design and develop UI solutions in a timely manner, in accordance with the guidance provided by the technical architect, BA and senior developers. Work alongside contracted developers ensuring they produce the same.
- Consider and design the full user experience to support the end to end requirement you are developing. This process will involve working directly with stakeholders to agree the UI ‘look’, experience and process through Agile techniques.
- The UI/UX will need to cover a multitude of devices including mobile and desktop
- You will build prototype interfaces using Wireframes and review and agree changes with the stakeholders.
- Be a team player, experienced in working with agile teams with an ability to work closely with other developers
- Diagnose bugs and offer workarounds to business linked to the user experience
- Keep up-to-date with latest developments in technology with a focus on UI/UX.
- Ensure that all code meets standards and that proper process is followed, including use of source control systems
- Monitor changes to existing code base to ensure on-going supportability and robustness of software solutions.
- Communicate project progress, timelines, and impact of changes clearly to team lead / project manager.
- Become familiar with core systems in order to be able to assist in the future development of such projects.
- Help communicate key strategy and reasoning behind technical decisions
- Become familiar with similar systems within the football industry to make sure we keep up and exceed the industry standard
What we are looking for:
- XHTML1.0, HTML4, HTML5, HTML5 Boilerplate
- CSS, CSS2, CSS3, CSS Grid 960
- Experience of Web application development
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Good typographic eye and familiarity with @Font-Face
- SASS or Less
- Responsive layout
- Accessibility and usability of websites
- Experience and proven ability in developing web applications within enterprise architectures.
- Experience in creating semantic code
- Creating code that is correct with modern web standards
- Experience developing and supporting high-volume public-facing web applications.
- Exposure to knockout.js library
- TFS,VSS, SVN and other version control systems
- Visual Studio 2012
- Experience of working within an Agile environment
- API Development
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy