Tournaments Coordinator Ref: Fixed term contract starting mid-June 2019 until August 2021
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
Fixed term contract starting mid-June 2019 until August 2021
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We deliver a number of key football events each year in our 90,000 capacity such as the FA Cup semi-finals and final, concerts for some of the biggest performers in the world and other sporting events such as NFL.
The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football and Wembley Stadium. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
The FA has the privilege of delivering 2 high profile international events in the next 2 years – UEFA EURO 2020 (Men’s) and UEFA EURO 2021 (Women’s). The Tournaments Coordinator, through the provision of support and coordination to the delivery teams will play a crucial role in the success of these events.
This will involve administrative assistance but also the undertaking of specific projects within of delivery of the tournaments to ensure they are delivered in a connected and collaborative manner.
UEFA EURO 2020 (Men’s)
Contested every four years, the UEFA European Championship has been showcasing the continent's top talent since its inception as the UEFA European Nations Cup in 1960. UEFA EURO 2020 will celebrate 60 years of the tournament and is being played across 12 host countries and cities for the first time, culminating with London and Wembley hosting 7 matches including both semi-finals and the showpiece Final.
UEFA EURO 2021 (Women’s) - England will host the UEFA Women’s EURO’s 2021 from 11 July–1 August 2021 across a number of stadiums with the final taking place at Wembley Stadium.
What you’ll be doing:
- As part of the Local Organising Structure for both tournaments, you will be a central point of contact for all tournament matters, holding responsibility for a range of coordination and administrative duties including stakeholder communications and coordination of meetings
- Responsible for the organisation of UEFA site visits, including travel arrangements, room bookings as well as scheduling and coordinating meetings.
- In addition to providing general support to the LOS staff, the right candidate will will have the appetite and skills to take on and deliver key elements of each tournament working alongside the Project Leader on vital delivery elements.
- Responsible for overseeing the processing and payment of project costs and invoices and maintaining accurate budgets.
- Be the central point of contact for UEFA colleagues regarding all aspects of the tournament administration and maintain relations with the UEFA Events and Competitions Teams.
- Assist in the delivery of both tournaments in line the bid document and UEFA’s operational principles, to deliver, on budget, exceptional tournaments in line with The FA’s aims and objectives.
Who we are looking for:
- Strong organisation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Experienced coordinator with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Self-starting coordinator comfortable with being a central point of contact for processing and disseminating important and sensitive information
- Motivated and passionate with experience of working within sporting events
- Approachable and proactive attitude to solving issues
- A desire to take on new tasks and areas of responsibility.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Excellent communicator capable of both establishing and maintaining relationships with wide ranging and diverse stakeholders
- An understanding of football and the structures within the game
- European foreign languages advantageous
- Willingness to travel
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Application closing date: midnight Sunday 31st March 2019
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy