Regulatory Legal Administrator Ref: RLA19
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: 29 March 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To provide all necessary paralegal, administrative, and secretarial support to the Regulatory Legal team.
- Provide administrative and legal assistance to the team of Regulatory Advocates (lawyers) in all matters relating to the work of the department
- Complete all administrative and preparatory work for disciplinary prosecutions and appeals, including drafting applications
- Apply and explain The FA’s Regulatory procedures, regularly communicate with clubs/legal representatives across the football pyramid as well as their legal representatives
- Assist with drafting submissions and legal applications, where applicable
- Liaise with the Judicial Services department to ensure the early listing and smooth running of all disciplinary matters
- Liaise with Communications department to publish the results of disciplinary matters, where applicable
- Provide administrative and general secretarial assistance to the Regulatory Advocates and, where required, other members of the Division including for example, assisting at disciplinary hearings
- Maintain electronic (and where appropriate, paper) records of all matters dealt with by the Regulatory Advocates team
What we are looking for:
- Good knowledge of the legal profession, either via BPTC, LPC, GDL, Law degree or equivalent
- Good knowledge and understanding of football
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Understanding of the purpose and general conduct of adversarial litigation
- Experience in an administrative and / or secretarial role
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Completed BPTC, LPC or equivalent
- Understanding of Legal procedure and practice (whether as a paralegal or in a similar position)
- Experience of working for governing body or legal practice
- Experience of litigation case management
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy