Player Status Officer Ref: PSO19
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: 29 March 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To provide overall support for the senior members of the Player Status team on all activities of the team, with a particular focus on amateur minor applications and the administration of the Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) process.
- To calculate and publish monthly FIFA Rankings averaged over a rolling two-year period
- To maintain the GBE requirements for players, managers and female players
- Responsibility for performing administrative and executive roles as required for the GBE Process
- Responding to email enquiries on players’ status, FA Rules and regulations of FIFA as they apply to domestic registrations and transfers
- Recording of all registration transaction types on FA Player Status systems, including ITC’s
- The issuing and requesting of ITCs
- To assist in the implementation and administration of all aspects of the Player Status team including implementation and administration of the intermediary regulations
- To identify and, where appropriate, investigate, or assist with the investigation of, potential breaches of FA/FIFA Regulations relating to clubs outside the Premier League, Football League and Women’s Super League
What we are looking for:
- A high level of organisational and administration skills
- The ability to work to regular and frequent deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Excellent IT skills
- A high level of communication skills
- An excellent telephone manner
- Ability to explain complex legislation to clubs
- Ability to work as part of a team and adapt to demands of the wider Department and Division
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work at times with minimal supervision
- Ability to cope under pressure and with a positive disposition and willingness to help others
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders both internal and external and delivering a high standard of customer service
- Ability to communicate with all levels of Participants
- Knowledge of domestic and worldwide football
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy