Senior Finance Business Partner - Wembley Stadium Ref: FBP19
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Senior Finance Business Partner - Wembley Stadium
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We have big ambitions. Some of our objectives include ensuring that The Emirates FA cup remains the world’s premier cup competition, that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be world-class venues, and that success is achieved with each of our 24 national sides.
The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
- Provide strategic financial support to the Chief Finance & Operations Officer and the Operations Director. Specific areas of responsibility include, Club Wembley membership programme, Ticket Sales, Event Day profitability, and the operational costs of Wembley Stadium
- Lead a team of 4 to complete monthly management accounts, Budgeting & forecasting, regular business performance reporting
- Prepare robust financial analysis to influence decision making
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the monthly management reporting of the Divisions in accordance with the Group timetable
- Provide monthly management information to budget holders and Senior Mgt that is timely, informative and insightful
- Own the financial results of the division taking actions to ensure targets are hit
- Work with the business to prepare robust budgets, forecasts and strategic plans on a monthly, qtrly and annual basis as appropriate and in accordance with the Group timetable
- Provide commercially orientated financial support to budget holders and senior management to help inform their decision making and support their commercial deal making including Ticket pricing analysis, 3rd Stadium hire deals and Club Wembley product pricing
- Challenge the business to ensure all funds are invested in-line with the strategic plan and to maximise the return on investment
- Ensure strong financial controls are upheld across the division. Identify risk areas and implement controls and reporting to mitigate
- Prepare adhoc financial reporting and analysis in response to requests from the business and Group Finance including contributions to Board papers
- Provide support to the internal and external audit processes including funding bodies as appropriate
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
Who we are looking for:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience of financial reporting and forecasting
- Full P&L ownership
- Executive level business partnering in a fast paced commercial environment
- Leading a team with the ability to work independently and prioritising the workload
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to create presentations and present to a wide level of stakeholders up to Board level
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy