Behavioural Insight Lead Ref: BIL19
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: 22 March 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
As the Behavioural Insight Lead you will be part of the Behavioural Insight & Business Analytics (BIBA) team, providing primary research, collating secondary information and data to provide evidence based recommendations across The FA Group to grow the organisations knowledge of our industry and aid the development and delivery of our strategic priorities.
Drawing on experience of working with a wide range of secondary sources such as existing research reports, newspaper, magazine and journal content, and government and NGO statistics the Behavioural Insight Lead will demonstrate the ability to apply secondary research to commercial and policy issues, using research findings and synthesis to influence the organisation to make accurate and confident decisions in order to effectively deliver our Strategic priorities.
The role will also require (and allow) you to pro-actively identify knowledge gaps and bridge them, where necessary.
Specifically the role will support the Marketing, Commercial and Digital teams with additional responsibility for The FA masterbrand research, as well as managing the development and day to day workload of the Insight “branch” of the BIBA.
- Research projects in the BIBA team will involve the identification, collation and synthesis of existing research to inform pertinent issues in The FA Strategy team and wider business. Alongside this the Behavioural Insight Lead will inform and commission primary research carried out by The FA, growing the knowledge base of the organisation
- Working directly with the Head of BIBA to design, build, maintain and deliver a FA Group Insight & Analytics schedule (18 month plan of projects). Going beyond just delivering projects to inform and drive the insight agenda across The FA. This will involve identifying, creating and providing new and existing research to senior decision makers across The FA Group by pro-actively reviewing and identifying areas where knowledge gaps exist, efficiently building current and forecasted research within budget
- Supporting stakeholders across the Marketing, Digital, and Commercial Divisions you will coordinate and deliver research projects to support and influence key business decisions
- Ensure a thorough understanding of The FA’s Strategic plan to generate greater research about the game, including future trends and analysis of past performance that will help The FA’s decision making
- Show creativity in thinking and forethought to define the research agenda for The FA, ensuring we know more about football than anyone else and can apply this knowledge to growth the game
- Manage the development and delivery of our in-house Research capability, training team members and establishing best practice principles
- Ensure an effective knowledge management system is in place which is easily understood and accessible to colleagues
- Articulate the importance of research-based decisions and provide actionable recommendations to Directors and Heads of Departments
- Where required, act as the lead point of contact for internal and external clients (sponsors and their agencies) managing team members in delivery around this area
- Work with a collaborative and creative approach with the Business Analytics Lead
What we are looking for:
- Educated to degree / Masters level
- Lengthy agency, and ideally client side experience in a leading insight role
- Experience of working on research projects focused on digital, marketing and commercial partnership campaigns – understanding of appropriate metrics and types of measurement for this sector of the industry
- Experience of working in sponsorship / partnership measurement, where demonstration of ROI was key
- A proven track record delivering (end to end) multi-disciplinary research projects, especially in Marketing and Sponsorship campaigns
- Experience of managing projects individually and with the support of third party agencies
- Track record of project management and leading project teams
- Comfortable working within teams as well as being able to work effectively autonomously
- Ability to manage cross functional projects with internal & external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, able to influence others, garner support for ideas / points of view, able to lead on projects
- Proven record of writing and reporting to senior marketing and commercial focussed audiences
- Able to present work to SMT/Board level audiences and use communication skills to influence others point of view
- Experience of app and web analytics and the software currently available to mine these types of data sets. Specifically, web and app analytic software such as Flurry, Google Analytics, Apple App Analytics and Sysomos
- Excellent analytical skills, highly capable of interpreting both quantitative and qualitative data
- Advanced numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong knowledge of football / previous experience within the sport and event industry
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of 3rd party agency tendering / procurement
- Experience of working with and managing agencies
- Experience of online survey software (especially Decipher from FocusVision)
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy