Partnerships Sales Manager Ref: PSM19
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing date: Wednesday 1st May 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
The Partnerships Sales Manager will be part of a dynamic sales team that are the driving force behind the commercial development of FA commercial assets including the England teams, competition assets such as The Emirates FA Cup, and the national game of grassroots football – the role and associated sales approach must align with the FA’s strategic objectives and the stated ambition to become a world class organisation.
You will be responsible for delivering sales and building corporate relationships within this high performing business. You will have a strong brand contact base and will be a key part of the sales function at the FA.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Owning client relationships throughout the entire sales process from generating leads to execution of the contract
- Liaison and management with multiple internal stakeholders to align commercial needs across the organisation
- Required to develop new relationships with potential commercial partners across a variety of sectors, categories and geographies
- Able to build a strong business category sales narrative and create bespoke presentations targeting specific brands
- Further development of the FA’s sales materials and routes to market
- A good understanding of television and partnership media analysis
- Attend and contribute at events and functions to source new leads and opportunities
- Management of internal and external sales reporting
- Based at Wembley Stadium with extensive UK and potentially global travel required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience and a proven track record in sales
- Experience of working in a complex stakeholder environment
- A creative and intelligent approach to monetise our assets presenting new and compelling marketing ideas
- Strong presentation skills and the proven ability to sell to C-Suite level clients
- Understands the concept of selling partnerships not sponsorships
- Strong academic background
- An engaging, open, team player
- Experience of, or a keen interest, in sport and the business of sport is welcomed
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy