Non-Executive Legal Director (Wiltshire FA) Ref: NELDWFA
- Role location
- Wiltshire FA
- Type of contract
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Board of Directors at Wiltshire County FA in the voluntary position of Non-Executive Director – Legal Advisor.
The Wiltshire County FA is set for transformational change during 2019 as we prepare to develop a brand new purpose built football facility ‘hub’ in Devizes. The facility will consist of state of the art County FA Headquarters containing, offices, meeting space, a function room, changing facilities together with a full size 3G pitch and multiple grass pitches.
This is an ambitious and exciting project which will see us work in partnership with Devizes Town Council and a number of other local stakeholders. The new facility promises to be a beacon for football in Wiltshire that services the entire community and transforms the services that our organisation offers.
We are seeking the skills of a Non-Executive Director with legal experience to help manage this process, and ensure the organisation considers all legislation in the exciting transition.
The successful candidate will provide expert guidance to the Association and will work as a team of 9 Directors at the Wiltshire County FA to drive the organisation in delivering against the key objectives set within our corporate strategy 2018-2021.
- A qualified lawyer
- Experience in advising on general practice law – with special focus but not extensive to all of the following: Corporate/Business,Tax, Employment, Property
- Experience and proven track record in applying some/all of the above to a public/leisure/sport setting.
- Creating legal compliant documentation in relation to some/all of the above.
- Strong relationship management skills; including forming and building relationship with both professionals and volunteers workforces.
- Ability to negotiate with a variety of key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A passion for sport - preferably football.
- Key character attributes for all Directors: driven, personable, organised and the ability to debate constructively.
You will play an active role in the coming months in supporting the organisation in a transition to a new facility and the subsequent headquarters move, and furthermore protecting the best interest of football in Wiltshire. You will be expected to advise Board of Directors on legal risks of business discussion in a well-researched and timely manner. There will be a commitment to attend Board meetings on a monthly basis, normally held on a Thursday evening at Wiltshire County FA, Units 2/3 Dorcan Business Village, Swindon, SN3 5HY until the proposed move to Green Lane Devizes. Agreed expenses will be provided.
Core responsibilities for all Directors:
- Directors shall serve the Company in accordance with the Companies Act (2006) and other relevant legislation.
- To actively participate in strategic management and regularly review performance against clear objectives.
- To safeguard the interests of the Membership and stakeholders of the Association.
- To ensure the effective implementation of Board decisions by the CEO and staff, holding the Chief Executive to account for the effective management and delivery of the Association’s strategic aims and objectives.
- To oversee the management of risk to the Association, including matters of Health and Safety.
- To develop and maintain an effective corporate governance structure.
- To monitor the financial affairs of the Association and to ensure the effective use of financial and other resources.
- Guarantee that the safeguarding of children & vulnerable adults is at the forefront of all Board decisions.
- To promote equality of opportunity throughout the Association.
- To fully participate in Board induction, training or development and performance monitoring.
For further details please contact the Chairman, Clive Archer, on 01793 486047. To apply send a CV and covering letter marked “Private and Confidential” to email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 22nd March 2019.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy