Processing Centre Officer Ref: PCO19
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: Midnight Thursday 28 February 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
This role will be based at the FA’s Processing Centre in Stafford and is responsible for the picking and packing of kit, equipment, consumables, medical supplies and other items in accordance with orders/requests. Reporting into the Logistics Operations Manager this role plays a critical part in the day to day functionality of the Processing Centre and ensures that World Class operations and standards are achieved.
- Work alongside Logistics Operations Manager on annual workflow, prioritisation and scheduling plans
- Supervise the goods in and goods out processes ensuring accuracy and deadlines are met.
- Understand the functionality of each specific item in the Processing Centre used by National England Teams.
- Work closely with the Kit & Distribution Officer to ensure a smooth timely transition to goods out and reverse logistics are considered.
- Lead on facility management; ensure maintenance, upkeep and servicing of the equipment and building.
- Monitor and record results of tests of site fire alarm, emergency lighting systems and CCTV.
- Lead on Health & Safety requirements within the Processing Centre, to include staff training, risk assessments, method statements and complying with legislation.
- Complete all paperwork associated to each specific event, to include counting kit back in and logging the results on the kit register to allow the monitoring and replacement of any missing items if necessary.
- Working closely with the Kit & Distribution Officer to manage the ‘returns’ delivery process (reverse logistics) ensuring broken, damaged and items requiring attention are correctly stored ‘Red Tagged’ and not put back into available stock
- Mentor team members to effectively enhance team’s capabilities and expertise to provide the quality of service required by The FA Group.
- Share best practice in a ‘Centre of Excellence’ environment
- Management of the servicing and maintenance schedule of the England Team Medical, Physical Performance and Physiotherapy equipment
- Support the Logistics Operations Manager to adhere to contractual onsite requirements.
- To work well as part of a team to accurately pick and pack kit, equipment, medical supplies and other items for all England Teams and events as requested and according to schedule
- Responsible for the laundry operation
- Attend and contribute to weekly team meetings to do with workflow, prioritization and scheduling.
- Drive the kit van, delivering to and collecting from FA events as requested
- Establish a good rapport with all internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for:
- A desire to want to be part of a world class operation
- Knowledge of facility management including Health and Safety
- Experience of leading a small team
- Experience of Processing Centre/Pick and Pack environment
- Knowledge/use of stock systems
- Ability to work to tight deadlines/outputs
- Ability to prioritise and schedule workloads
- Extensive experience of Microsoft Office
- Project Management experience
- High level of numeracy
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Driving licence
- Advanced Manual handling
- Knowledge of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview at St George’s Park Wednesday 13th March 2019.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy