Logistics Operations Manager Ref: LOM19
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: Midnight Thursday 28 February 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
This role will be based at The FA’s Processing Centre in Stafford and will provide leadership and direction in line with FA objectives and values to the team. The role will be responsible for leading a pathway to a World Class operation by managing the storage and distribution of all stock (including but not limited to kit, equipment, consumables and medical equipment) to meet the demands of all England Football Teams and events.
- Work with other FA Managers and Department Heads to develop and implement long, medium and short term strategic plans for the storage and distribution of the FA’s equipment.
- Conduct a quarterly review of the use of kit and equipment and develop efficiencies based on the frequency of use.
- Work with the Stock Control Officer, Processing Centre Officer and Kit & Distribution Officer to develop annual workflow, prioritisation and scheduling plans.
- Manage the Processing Centre facility at Stafford by being ultimately responsible for the supply chain to store, manage, handle, maintain and track stock.
- Provide leadership and coaching to team members to effectively enhance team’s capabilities.
- Work with Stock Control Officer on the education and implementation of a new stock management system.
- Build, maintain and influence contractual relationships as follows but not limited to, the Site Landlord & Security, Kit Suppliers, Medical and Consumable suppliers, UEFA and FIFA plus the FA’s commercial department.
- Lead weekly team meetings to do with workflow, prioritisation and scheduling.
- Audit and benchmark against FA’s processes and policies.
- Lead and be responsible for all controlled drugs and adhere to the requirements of the Home Office Licence.
- Work with the FA’s Kit supplier to test clothing decisions to ensure this meets the requirements of players and the team needs.
- Work to implement a performance based culture around productivity measurements
- Produce reports in line with progress against KPI’s.
- Evaluate overall team and individual performance and conduct performance reviews.
- Share best practice in a ‘Centre of Excellence’ environment
- Ensure all HR and Health & Safety policies and procedures are communicated, understood and adopted.
- Review risk assessments and method statements and develop training around needs
- Line management of Stock Control Officer, Processing Centre Officer and Kit & Distribution Officer.
- To work well as part of a team to accurately pick and pack kit, equipment, medical supplies and other items for all England Teams and events as requested and according to schedule
- Establish a good rapport with all internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for:
- A desire to want to lead a world class operation
- Proven leadership skills in an operational environment
- Leadership in management of Processing Centre/Warehouse information and workload measurements
- The ability to lead and develop the staff workforce
- Extensive project management skills
- The ability to align and engage the team to achieve the Company’s vision, mission and objectives
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and the ability to work with many stakeholders, both internal and external
- Experience of stock control / processing centre management
- Knowledge of financial systems
- Experience of managing the overall budgets
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The ability to negotiate and influence
- Able to work under pressure
- Driving licence
- Processing Centre compliance knowledge
- Experience in the implementation of technological advancements
- Knowledge of international distribution
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview at St George’s Park Tuesday 12th March 2019.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy