National Grassroots Leagues Services Manager Ref: NGLSM0119
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date 29 March 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To create & support sustainable football leagues, that will grow & retain participation across the whole grassroots game (youth and adult) through developing the league volunteer workforce & the provision of relevant support services.
- Building on the current league sanction & FA Charter Standard programme, create a league framework that will recognise, incentivise & support leagues in their development to grow & retain participation through the FA & partner programmes
- Implement strategic priorities for all youth & adult FA sanctioned leagues as a result of FA youth & adult participation reviews ensuring these are reflected in the Standard Code of Rules (SCOR & SCOR youth)
- Support & capacity build the league volunteer workforce utilising technological solutions to make league administration & the delivery of FA & partner programmes as efficient & effective as possible
- Ensure the league volunteer workforce are recognised & rewarded for their contribution to grassroots football
- Identify, source & deploy a range of services for leagues that supports their operational efficiency & sustainability to meet their current situation & achieve any future ambitions
- Support County FAs, leagues & other key stakeholders to ensure the delivery of comprehensive competitive opportunities & player pathways for all grassroots football at local, county and regional levels
- Support & build effective relationships between County FA & key league volunteers
- Support the relevant FA Committees that impact on the league infrastructure & workforce
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
- Full clean driving licence
- Knowledge of the National League System and Women’s Pyramid
- Knowledge and experience of league development and an understanding of the challenges associated with running leagues at all levels
- Experience & ability to capacity build a large volunteer workforce
- An understanding of the use of FA technology to support the administration of a league
- Knowledge of industry wide accreditation programmes
- Knowledge of sports equality and of the barriers facing under-represented groups as well as a desire and commitment to overcome these barriers
- Capable of influencing a diverse set of stakeholders including volunteers
- An ability to communicate effectively across a broad section of the public both in person & remotely
- Ability to work as a team member and to contribute to matrix teams
- Knowledge & experience of developing & leading a national programme across a challenging landscape
- Knowledge & understanding of legal structures of leagues & charitable options
- Knowledge of the National Game Strategy & key targets
- Experience of working in partnership with County Football Associations
- Ability to identify and progress new opportunities
- Understanding of the political and functional workings of County Football Associations
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy