Head of Participation & Development (Middlesex FA) Ref: HPD19
- Role location
- Middlesex FA
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Middlesex Football Association
Head of Participation & Development
Thank you for your interest in the above vacancy, please find attached the application form and job description.
We would welcome your application if the job appeals to you and you feel that you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria.
- Effectively lead the day to day delivery of the Middlesex FA’s Participation and Football Development priorities and targets in partnership with key stakeholders.
- To Lead the delivery of the National Game Strategy in Middlesex
- To Lead and manage the delivery of the County FA Facility and Investment Strategy in partnership with key stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Effectively lead, manage and develop the Participation and Development team to deliver the Middlesex FA strategic plan targets. Including increasing participation opportunities for players, coaches, referees and volunteers.
- Strategic area wide planning for borough wide football partnerships, effectively engaging leagues, clubs, local authorities, health, etc to develop holistic delivery &workforce plans and maximising resources and technology.
- Use national and local insight to develop and deliver programmes and services to customers that meet customer expectations.
- Effectively manage and administer budgets and resources, providing monthly reports and delivering results on time and within budget.
- Oversee the coach education (Middlesex Learning) programme to maximise income streams and provide qualifications for the workforce
- Develop a culture of performance management and maximise the use of resources
- To lead on the protection and enhancement of football facilities across the CFA and support and assess new facility projects Develop strategic relationships with key partners to support the development of participation opportunities, football facilities and delivery of the CFA Business Plan.
- Support the production of strategies, operational and project plans and monitor and evaluate all programmes and report progress to CEO, Board, The FA and other partners
- Lead on embedding inclusion and equality across the organisation
- Ensure safeguarding is embedded within the Participation and Development Team
- Promote the activities of the County Association
- To support the delivery of other key areas of the business as required.
- Significant experience of strategic Sports Development
- Significant experience in influencing
- Experience of working with partner organisations to deliver strategic plans that have resulted in sustainable outcomes
- Proven track record of effectively managing staff and teams
- Ability to monitor and evaluate programme delivery across a diverse range of subjects
- Demonstrate a working understanding and application of inclusion, equality and anti – discrimination, safeguarding and best practice
- Experience of delivering presentations and workshops to wide and diverse stakeholders to influence positive change.
- Experience of managing budgets and delivering savings
- Able to multi-task and with results on time and within budget
- Experience of report writing, ability to use emails and Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Driving licence
If you wish to apply, please ensure that your completed application form is submitted to me by 5pm on Wednesday 30th January 2019 in an envelope addressed for my personal attention and marked ‘Private and Confidential’ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is not mandatory to complete the monitoring form and non-completion will not affect your application. However, if you do wish to complete the form, please return it with your application in a blank envelope to ensure anonymity.
We pride ourselves on providing a membership focused service and the successful post holder will need to demonstrate empathy to that approach.
The post is wholly funded by the Football Association initially until 30th June 2021 but we would hope to extend beyond this date subject to funding.
Please note that you will be informed by Friday 1st February if you have been short listed for interview. Only candidates invited to interview will be contacted, unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted. The proposed interview date is 12th February 2019.
I look forward to receiving your completed job application form.
- Job Description
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy