National People Development Manager Ref: NPDM18
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: 24 January 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To create and implement a clear workforce strategy that identifies HR support to the County FA’s (CFA’s), developing and delivering a range of people solutions including training and development solutions that adds measurable value to our CFA network
- To develop a workforce strategy for County FA Paid Staff and Volunteers in conjunction with key partners.
- To identify gaps in the current provision and create a clear plan to fill these gaps through various methods including e-learning.
- In line with the CFA operating Model, to ensure National, Regional and Local Workforce Plans identify the number of people and specific roles and skills required to deliver the NGS.
- Provide confidential, comprehensive, effective and consistent HR advice to line managers in CFAs. To successfully manage conflicts, often in highly emotive and sensitive situations. To assist with the recruitment and development of a highly skilled and diverse County FA Workforce and volunteer workforce.
- To create retention initiatives for key staff.
- To design and update HR Policies and Operating Standards for CFAs.
- To support a culture of Continuous Professional Development within the County FA Paid Football Workforce.
- To create talent identification programmes.
- To create succession planning frameworks.
- To explore and promote opportunities for improvement of employee benefits.
- To elevate the importance of CFA employee health and wellbeing initiatives and to support and drive the mental healthagenda.
- To design, promote and oversee the content of the CFA Training Programme, including all training and development events for County FA paid staff.
- Working with relative stakeholders, design course content including Equality and Diversity training for CFA staff and Boards.
- The delivery of training sessions as required.
- Supporting the Senior Regional Managers and other stakeholders to put in place effective performance management systems within County FAs including work planning, quarterly reviews, appraisals, PDRs, training needs analysis and personal development plans.
- To continually monitor diversity in the football workforce and to create plans to increase numbers of those from underrepresented groups.
- To identify and share good practice and innovation in relation to the workforce theme.
- To analyse and to think through complex challenges, delivering appropriate solutions. To continually look for and
- implement best practice / changes that add value and support engagement
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience of operating within a commercial HR role.
- Experience of creating People Plans
- Comfortable designing training and development programmes aligned to business needs.
- Through knowledge of HR policies and employment law.
- Can demonstrate success in providing a range of customer support programmes and services to internal
- and external customers
- Manage and maintain budgets within specific financial parameters
- Act as a Role model for workforce development
- Ability to gain ‘buy in’ to equality objectives
- Track record of delivering value and people skills
- Knowledge of the Participation and Development Strategy
- CIPD qualified
- Project management skills
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy