Women's Pathway Analyst Ref: WPA18
- Role location
- St George's Park
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: 23rd November 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
The primary objective of this role is to support the delivery and co-ordination of an analysis framework to provide effective insights into the current performance and future potential of targeted English female players. As a key member of the Women’s Talent ID Department, you will be tasked with providing the evidence base for support and constructive challenge of coaches in the areas of player identification and selection across the women’s pathway. You will enjoy delivering high quality, focused and innovative insights, whilst maintaining an exceptionally detailed and purposeful approach to providing data and evidence in this fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Contribute to the development of individualised profiles which are linked to player development plans and international benchmarks, and which inform the talent identification and selection process.
- Provide bespoke analysis and performance metrics of identified players, to build an evidence-base of player on-pitch strengths and development areas, aligned to the requirements of the Women’s Performance Team and England DNA.
- Initiate and manage key relationships with clubs and university partners to provide access to footage and key analytical support across the women’s pathway.
- Coordinate and develop the performance analysis programme across the women’s domestic pathway and to also include Regional Talent Clubs, Regional Development Programme, and National Performance Camps (NPC), providing a blend of innovative solutions alongside current best practice.
- Providing support in the collation and analysis of England-specific player development intelligence and analytics, derived from NPC and England Teams, and aligned to the England DNA and key focus areas.
- Support Women’s Players Insight Leads and Women’s Performance Analysts across key analytical focus areas, including investigations into player development potential and longitudinal tracking of player experience data.
- Provide data, video and learning reports and resources through the extraction and visualisation of data sets to support, develop and update detailed player profiles, aligned to phase and position-specific focus areas.
- Collating and presenting highly detailed, phase-specific player profiling intelligence for presentation at Player Audit Meetings.
- Contributing to data capture and tracking associated with the department’s aims of better understanding our competitive landscape.
What we are looking for:
- A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in sports science or a related subject specialising in performance analysis
- Extensive experience in successfully delivering performance analysis services in elite sport
- High level knowledge of and proficiency in the use of sports analysis systems and other relevant technologies
- Excellent planning skills
- Master’s degree in performance analysis or related discipline
- Data analysis & visualisation
- Knowledge of football and the requirements of international football
- Football coaching award
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy