Integrity and Intelligence Analyst Ref: I&IA18
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: 16th November 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To lead the development and oversight of The FA’s intelligence management capability and to provide detailed analysis and reports on statistical data held by The FA, particularly concerning breaches of FA Rules and Regulations relating to the integrity of the game. To improve intelligence gathering and sharing across football for the purpose of protecting the integrity of the game.
- Conduct analysis of intelligence and data received and/or collated by The FA in order to assist in investigations into integrity matters and to proactively identify activity that may be evidence of misconduct
- Specifically to analyse betting data received from the Gambling Commission and sports betting operators, produce reports based on that analysis and to cross reference against other intelligence or data held including banking and/or telecommunications data
- To provide investigative assistance on investigations into alleged breaches of FA Rules relating to integrity including financial misconduct, betting, match fixing, breaches of the intermediary regulations and third party ownership.
- To periodically provide statistics on FA integrity investigations for senior management and for external stakeholders.
- Develop intelligence sources and encourage intelligence sharing in relation to integrity matters.
- Work in conjunction with other members of the Integrity Team to identify and overcome emerging threats to the integrity of the game.
- Manage the relationship between The FA and it’s external intelligence and case management software provider
- Make recommendations on how intelligence management and practice can be enhanced and made more timely and efficient.
- Ensure that The FA’s intelligence handling capability and processes remain fit for purpose and are in line with current best practice
- Input into policy development in relation to policies and procedures concerning integrity and intelligence issues.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience of data analysis including the ability to efficiently assess and analyse multiple and complex lines of data.
- Good knowledge of sports betting, integrity and anti-corruption issues and of the football pyramid including steps 1-4
- Experience of writing data-based reports to assist investigations.
- Good knowledge of the National Intelligence Model and experience of handling and processing intelligence including confidential and sensitive information.
- Advanced knowledge of the use of analytical software
- Excellent written communication and report writing skills.
- Experience of working with multiple agencies on the sharing of intelligence and data (preferred)
- Experience of working within an investigatory or regulatory environment (preferred)
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy