Football Development Officer (Clubs/Leagues/Workforce for Derbyshire County FA) Ref: FDO1
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Vacancy: Football Development Officer (Clubs/Leagues/Workforce)
Closing date: Monday 22nd October 2018 – 5:00 pm
Here at Derbyshire CFA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing local grassroots football and supporting The FA in delivering the National Game Strategy.
The shared values, vision and pride of our workforce is central to our success. We are a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of grass roots football in Derbyshire. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
- To support the delivery of The FA National Game Strategy in partnership with key stakeholders and enhance the CFAs major priorities
- To develop and support clubs and Leagues that are safe, fun and inclusive FOR ALL by providing modern, fit for purpose club structures and services, which will grow and retain participants, support the workforce and raise standards across the game
What you’ll be doing:
- To develop and support a sustainable plan for growth and quality of club structures aligned to the FA National Game Strategy
- Develop relationships with clubs and partnerships between clubs to Develop full male and female player pathways which includes disability and recreational provision within clubs, representing their community and capacity of their facility/playing surface
- Understand and promote FA technology systems to help simplify administration of the game and support our club workforce
- Support the partnership with Derby County Community Trust relative to Girls Regional Talent Club (RTC) & Disability
- Support & Deliver the FA Charter Standard Programme for Clubs & Leagues to gain and maintain quality accreditations
- Have a greater understanding and able to strategically develop clubs through On Pitch and Off Pitch opportunities
- Support & attend Football Focus Groups
- Work with all sanctioned leagues and support their retention targets across all age groups
- Support the Funding opportunities with clubs/Leagues – e.g. Grow the Game, Retain the Game,
- Support the club & League volunteer workforce by identifying and analysing the their needs and areas of training and development
- Lead, plan and prioritise activities and issues arising, and implement actions according to CFA business strategy
- Communicate and provide information by relevant methods internally and externally to assist and enable effective service to staff and key stakeholders
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet CFA’s changing priorities
- Ensure that the CFA effectively implement and maintain the FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard within Football.
Who we are looking for:
- A committed and hard-working person who is passionate about the future of grassroots football in Derbyshire.
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic sports organisation.
- A competitive salary and a range of benefits for the right candidate.
The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to the development of football at a local level; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk of harm. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We expect relevant staff to undertake an FA DBS Enhanced level with a check of the children’s barred list and we expect all staff to sign and adhere to a code of conduct. “As this role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure, to ensure their suitability for the role. Any candidates invited to interview will be sent a CFA Personal Disclosure Form, Guidance Notes and Privacy Statement to return at their interview in a sealed envelope”
Derbyshire CFA promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
You will be required work 37 ¼ hrs per week and have a flexible approach to hours worked, as these will include weekend and possibly unsocial hours.
This post is a full-time role and contracted until 30th June 2021 subject to further funding.
Interested applicants are required to send a covering letter along with a current CV, and the name of two references, expected salary and marked Private & Confidential to: CEO, DCFA Limited, 8 & 9 Stadium Business Court, Millennium Way, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8HP or email email@example.com
Any further information relative to the role please contact Liam Rooney, Head of Development & Facilities on 01332 361422.
Closing date for applications: Monday 22nd October 2018 – 5:00 pm
Interviews expected to be held week commencing: 5th November 2018
Due to the high volume of expected applications for this post, feedback will only be provided to those shortlisted candidates.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy