External Operations Manager Ref: EOM1
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: 23rd October 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Wembley Park and the area surrounding Wembley Stadium are undergoing an exciting transformation. The Wembley Park Masterplan marks the next phase in the transformation of the land around the National Stadium from a world class events destination into a thriving London neighbourhood, with an exciting combination of new homes, iconic venues, great shops and workspaces.
As the local operating environment evolves, our external operations are becoming more complex. The successful delivery of our event programme requires close liaison with the local authority, Quintain (the owners of Wembley Park), transport agencies, local businesses & residents. These relationships are critical to our continued success. We are now seeking an experienced Operations Manager to support the Head of Transport & External Operations in the management of these relationships and to lead on the coordination of operational activities between the Stadium and these key local stakeholders.
The overarching objective of the role will be to ensure that The FA’s operational and commercial interests are protected from and enhanced by the emerging development whist ensuring the highest levels of public safety and customer experience are maintained.
- Represent The FA in operational planning meetings with all external stakeholders. Manage and coordinate the interface between internal and external stakeholders and the integration of the Stadium into the wider Wembley Park operation.
- Lead, attend and arrange meetings with Quintain and other relevant parties to consider and review development proposals ensuring key decisions and action points are accurately recorded and agreed between respective parties.
- Represent The FA at all design/planning presentations. Ensure proposals are evaluated by subject matter experts to determine any potential commercial, operational or crowd safety issues that require resolution. Collate professional advice and approvals where required, to “sign-off” on proposals.
- Obtain business approval for the expenditure associated with engaging professional advisers to conduct technical reviews of development proposals.
- Make formal representations for Quintain to highlight any issues that generate concerns to The FA (operationally, commercially or on crowd safety grounds). Progress such issues to a satisfactory and mutually agreeable solutions. With support from the relevant WNSL functional area or relevant external body
- Identify and consult with key stakeholders to make them aware of development proposals (including phasing and timelines) to determine operational, commercial or crowd safety issues that need to be resolved to a mutually agreeable situation.
- Represent The FA at local resident forums. Manage and coordinate the interface between internal functional areas and the Residents Groups, enabling operational planning teams to be responsive to the changing requirements of our local residents and the new operating environment.
- Deliver monthly workshops to internal stakeholder groups, providing detailed updates on the Wembley Park development programmes, highlighting areas of opportunity and risk.
- Work with the Internal/External Communications team to prepare any messaging ensuring the integrity and reputation of The FA is preserved.
- Work with the Legal and Strategy Teams to assist with the preparation and implementation of a new legal deed covering the operational and commercial interests between The FA and Quintain Developments. Facilitate discussions and negotiations, leading where required.
- Work with the Events Team to ensure events are planned with all relevant factors accounted for.
- Work on event days as required to monitor the delivery of operational plans and to highlight areas for improvement.
- Implement all WNSL policies and procedures.
- Take on additional responsibilities and tasks as required.
What we are looking for:
- Highly experienced and qualified project manager
- Experienced in major event planning and delivery
- Experience of stakeholder management in an event environment.
- Experience of working in a multi stakeholder environment
- Experience of budget control and delivering to service specifications
- Proven communication skills and ability to deliver high quality written reports & presentations
- Accustomed to working with a high level of corporate and public scrutiny
- Good understanding in crowd management and modelling
- Good understanding of current planning law and policy
- Degree level education preferred
- Open, with high integrity and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills
- Ability to co-ordinate numerous stakeholders and to work in partnership
- Ability to assimilate with other FAs and to ensure an integrated approach to planning
- Pragmatic and practical with a clear eye on solutions
- Good influencer and communicator
- Flexible & adaptable through organizational growth
- Resilient & positive through change
- Analytical and organised
- Ability to promote and foster a team culture where values such as excellence, hard work, service to stakeholders, honesty, integrity and achievement are paramount
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy