Senior Strategic Programmes Manager Ref: SSPM18
- Role location
- St George's Park
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: 15th October 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of Role:
A senior role to assist the Head of Technical Directorate Programmes to oversee and ensure effective delivery and utilisation of the FA investment into teams and education. To develop a framework to manage the programmes of work required to deliver sustained success for England teams and a world–class coach education system across the department of 300+ staff. To support the change process in the Technical Directorate delivering best practice processes, systems, partnerships and people to record and maximise outputs promoting and leading cross divisional working and collaboration.
Strategy & Planning
- To assist in the implementation of rigorous business processes across the Technical Directorate to maximise the return on investment
- Work closely with the technical directorate leadership team to understand and develop the programme of activities and priorities to deliver the needs of England teams across all functions and the needs of FA Education
- Support with the annual financial and strategic planning & management of the Technical Directorate budget with ownership of each area with the Department Heads.
- Working in conjunction with the TD and Department Heads, set agreed and strategic measurements and KPI’s
- Co-ordination of the research initiation and reporting across the Technical Directorate
- Co-ordinate specific FA initiatives that involve multi departments in the TD such as BAME and Female coach programmes
- To build and manage relationships across The FA Group to ensure inter-dependences are managed effectively
Delivery, Reporting & Capability
- To support in the establishment, in accordance with agreed FA Group governance structures, cross divisional steering and project groups for TD programmes and projects
- Assist with the implementation of a project management approach to the initiation, execution, monitoring and review of key programmes
- Promote the cascade of this approach and upskilling of the leadership team and line managers to embed key programme management principles including the development and reporting on progress, targets and KPIs
- Oversee and work with a project management “lead” within each department to ensure compliant and best practice across the division
- Help to develop the programme management function at SGP and ensure effective integration with the Business Management Group function
- To work with other FA Divisions to create an optimum operational and physical environment in line with an elite sports team for TD staff at SGP
What we are looking for:
- Undergraduate degree
- PRINCE2 or similar level project or programme management qualification
- Comfortable and competent with the big picture and translating this into operational plans
- Proven ability to work within complex or matrix structured organisations and galvanise people within non direct reporting structures
- Experience of strategic and financial planning and management
- Experience of successful programme and project management in a variety of complex environments
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills. Presence and gravitas to work alongside senior managers.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy