National Participation Manager - Youth Football Ref: NPMYF18
- Role location
- Home Based
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing Date: 19th October 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of Role:
To develop participation in youth football as part of the National Game Strategy (NGS). To lead the implementation of the NGS across education from primary through to higher education, managing the relationship with our key education partners (ESFA/ISFA/AoC Sport/BUCS).
- Develop and implement a clear strategy for the development of football within the educations setting, from primary school through to higher education
- Responsible for the relationship management of key delivery partners ISFA, ESFA, AoC Sport and BUCS
- Work with Premier League to influence the delivery of PL Primary Stars programme to ensure it aligns to the NGS
- Provide leadership and support to the BUCS, overseeing the participation opportunities within the HE sector
- Provide management and leadership to support the AoC Sport, overseeing the participation opportunities within the FE sector
- Provide management and leadership to support the ISFA and the ESFA, overseeing the participation opportunities within the schools sector
- Provide bespoke support to all County FAs (CFAs) in relation to specific work within education to deliver the NGS objectives and priorities. Supporting CFAs to build positive and productive relationships with Education partners
- Work with CFAs to establish education partnership locally engaging all key stakeholders, to initially audit and map current provision, identify gaps and develop a co-ordinated delivery plan
- Manage the FA schools, college and university budget and ensure the partners commissioned budgets are managed appropriately
- Provide leadership to strategically manage the Further and Higher Education Community Hub programme
- Be an active member of the FA Youth Football Participation Team and wider Participation Team
What we are looking for:
- Experience of leading and implementing strategy and policy
- Manage and maintain NG budgets within specific financial parameters
- Knowledge of Further Education & Higher Education Sport Strategy and of the political and functional workings of Further Education colleges and the HE sector
- Knowledge of the goals and enablers within the NGS
- Experience of women / girls football
- Track record of developing effective partnerships to secure resources and or deliver targets
- Knowledge of barriers facing under-represented groups
- Capacity to manage conflict
- Negotiation Skills
- Experience of day to day budget management
- Excellent administration and Microsoft Office Skills
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy