Head of Diversity and Inclusion Ref: HDI
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Head of Diversity and Inclusion
Based at Wembley Stadium
Application deadline is 9am on Monday 29th October 2018.
At the FA, inclusion means valuing and celebrating our differences. It means nurturing a working environment and culture where everyone thrives. Diversity for us means the ways in which we differ. On an active level, it means seeking participation and representation from everyone. It refers to our more tangible and visible differences such as gender, race and ethnicity. But it also includes our intangible differences such as sexual orientation, heritage, religion, unseen disabilities, family/social status and age.
The FA Board have recently approved a new three year diversity and inclusion strategy. We are now looking for a Head of Diversity and Inclusion to mobilise resources and key personnel across our Technical and HR divisions and our County FA network to deliver this plan.
This role will be responsible for the overall execution of the strategy and the achievement of its targets through direct accountability as well as coaching and influencing others. The role will be based at Wembley Stadium with a significant part of each week working at St George’s Park near Burton-on-Trent.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Represent the FA at senior level with internal and external stakeholders, campaigners and networking groups, positively engaging and informing on our diversity and inclusion strategy, targets and activities.
- Work with diversity and inclusion leads in a matrix management structure and with the executive across each FA division to support in the delivery of divisional and overall objectives.
- Work with the FA’s Inclusion Advisory Board to consult on plans and engage to provide advocates for the FA’s diversity and inclusion activities.
- Lead the creation of the annual external report on the progress of the FA’s diversity and inclusion programme and its published targets.
- Regularly update the executive and other leadership groups on plans and progress against our 2021 targets.
- Working closely with the FA’s Technical Division based at St. George’s Park on football facing diversity and inclusion initiatives particularly around coaching and national teams support. This will involve having direct accountability for the organisation of certain initiatives.
- Identify appropriate external network groups and develop the FA’s employer brand through proactive engagement and membership; building the brand as a serious option for diverse candidates.
- Develop activities and campaigns which will support the achievement of our diversity and inclusion targets
- Provide expertise, guidance and coaching on all diversity and inclusion matters.
With extensive knowledge and experience in leading a diversity and inclusion function in a large organisation, you’ll have solid networks in the diversity and inclusion arena.
With a proven track record of improving an organisation’s performance on diversity and inclusion you’ll have a good understanding of programme management techniques and a solid understanding of the end to end recruitment and learning and development processes.
An exceptional ability to create presentations and present to a wide range of key stakeholders you’ll have a true passion for football and the power of sport.
This role is being managed exclusively by Audeliss on behalf of The FA. If you are interested in having a confidential conversation, please contact Jonathan Swain or Alex Wyld on 0203 405 6910 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com”
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy